The Secret of the Talpiot Tomb: Unravelling the Mystery of the Jesus Family Tomb by Gary R. Habermas 2014
About the Author
Dr. Gary R. Habermas is Distinguished Research Professor and chair of the Department of Philosophy at Liberty University. He also teaches in the Ph.D. program in theology and apologetics at Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He earned the Ph.D. at Michigan State University and the M.A. from the University of Detroit.
He has authored, coauthored, or edited thirty-nine books and contributed more than sixty-five chapters or articles to other books. He has also written well over one hundred articles and reviews for journals and other publications. While his chief areas of research (and the topic of twenty of his books) are issues related to Jesus’ resurrection, he has also published frequently on the afterlife, near death experiences, as well as the subjects of suffering and religious doubt.
Over the past fourteen years, he has often been a visiting or adjunct professor, having taught courses at some fifteen different graduate schools and seminaries in the United States and abroad. He and his wife, Eileen, have seven children and thirteen grandchildren, all of whom live in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Visit Gary Habermas’ website (www.GaryHabermas.com) to access many publications as well as video and audio presentations.
About the Book
The Secret of the Talpiot Tomb is a full-color text and visual presentation of the most compelling evidence for Jesus’ victory over death. Written by research professor Gary Habermas, considered by many to be the world’s leading apologist for the historicity of Jesus’ resurrection, this case for Christ’s immortality is placed in the context of new claims made about the alleged bones of Jesus having been discovered in the so-called Talpiot tomb located in southeast Jerusalem.
Habermas examines the controversial case with exceptional clarity and precision, showing a preponderance of evidence against the Talpiot Hypothesis and a compelling argument for Christ’s bodily resurrection.
Summary of Preface
- Investigating the Evidence for Jesus’ Resurrection
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus from death is a core belief for Christians, yet it has been challenged since His followers first made the claim.
- In 2007, a documentary and book were released claiming that there was a 600 to 1 probability that Jesus’ bones had been found in Jerusalem.
- This news caused many believers to have their faith shaken.
- This volume examines the evidence supporting this claim and assesses its validity.
- It also looks into how understanding this evidence can help inform our knowledge concerning the logic behind Jesus’ Resurrection.
Anyone who is currently reading this book or has finished it can leave comments. In good faith, cite which chapter(s) are referred to.
Enter your comment in the textbox below “Leave a Reply” near the bottom of the page.
One thought on “The Secret of the Talpiot Tomb”